As cats age, many health conditions can make accessing the litter box painful. Joint pain, tumors, and injuries can all make climbing into the box uncomfortable enough that many cats begin peeing outside the litter box. They may begin to associate the litter box with the pain, and start avoiding the box altogether.
Once cats begin avoiding their litter box, it can be difficult to encourage them to resume use. We recommend providing steps to support access before any avoidance issues start. These are actually kitchen shelf organizers! But their size is perfect to provide low-rise, wide, stable steps for cats to access the litter box.
- Economical set of low-rise steps makes it easy for your cat to climb into the litter box, without requiring painful leg and hip movements.
- Simply position steps next to litter box.
- Made from high-quality BPA-free plastic
- Available in Two Styles:
- White with gray non-slip treads, rectangular edge finish
- Clear with white non-slip treads, rounded edge finish
- White: 14.5 x 9.6 x 3.38 inches (36.83 x 24.38 x 8.59 cm)
- Clear: 14.19 x 10.5 x 3.75 inches (36.04 x 26.67 x 9.53 cm)
- Non-slip material on steps helps cats maintain footing and even catches some litter upon exit.
- Easy to Clean: We recommend hand washing with soap and warm water.