Pet Cod Liver Oil for Dogs
Large to Very Large Breed Dogs & Multi-Dog Households
Product Size: 16 Fluid Ounces • 473 Milliliters
- Supports healthy joints, heart, skin and coat
- Ideal source of the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, as well as naturally occurring vitamin A
- Supports brain and eye development and maintenance
- Sourced from wild-caught, sustainable fish
- Support cellular and immune system health
- Distilled for purity
- Surpasses international standards for purity and freshness
- Third-party testing of every batch
- Multi-patented manufacturing process
- Exceptional freshness Levels
- All Nordic Naturals products are 100% consumer satisfaction guaranteed.
Traditionally, Norwegians used cod liver oil for its nourishing and healthful benefits. It is an ideal source of the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, as well as naturally occurring vitamin A. Nordic Naturals Pet Cod Liver Oil continues this tradition, providing your dog with these same important nutrients.
Nordic Naturals Pet Cod Liver Oil derives exclusively from wild Arctic cod (Skrei), from the Norwegian Sea off the Lofoten Islands near Bodø, Norway. Due to the seasonal variations of food supply for wild Arctic cod, the amount of vitamin A fluctuates with each batch. Please refer to the product label for the current amount of vitamin A in the product.
OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS
- Omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA are important for humans and their dog and cat companions, because they cannot be made in the body.
- The only source of EPA and DHA for these species is through the diet and/or supplementation.
- Daily supplementation with Omega-3 fatty acids supports optimal health for your pet companion.
- EPA and DHA are necessary structural components of cell membranes. These fatty acids maintain the cell membrane fluidity and permeability needed for healthy, functioning cells.
- Cold-water fish contain abundant quantities of EPA and DHA.
- Flax seed oil contains ALA, another omega-3 fatty acid. However, the body must first convert ALA to EPA and DHA before use. Humans and dogs have limited ability to make this conversion; cats have even less ability to do so. Therefore, supplementation with high-quality omega-3 fish oil is recommended for humans, dogs and cats.
The omega-3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA) found in fish oil support:
- Cellular health
- Immune system health
- Skin and coat health
- Joint health
- Heart health
- Brain development and maintenance
- Eye development and maintenance
Vitamin A Essentials:
- Vitamin A is a fat-soluble and essential vitamin in the diets of dogs and cats
- Found naturally in cod liver oil
- Important for:
- Normal vision
- Immune function
- Fetal development
- Cellular differentiation (important for maintaining healthy skin cells, corneal cells, and other cells lining the respiratory, gastrointestinal, and reproductive tracts).
Apply oil onto food, or serve by itself. Do not exceed the suggested daily use without consulting your veterinarian.
Consult your veterinarian if your pet has a chronic illness or is on any medication before using this product.
Inform your veterinarian that your pet is receiving this product before any anticipated surgery.
Consult your veterinarian in cases of accidental ingestion.
Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from sunlight.
Store bottle with original cap in refrigerator once opened.
REFRIGERATE AFTER OPENING
Do not use if tamper-evident seal is broken or missing.
Use within 3 months of opening.
For current guaranteed analysis, refer to product label.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Cod liver oil (source of vitamin A), mixed tocopherols (a preservative).