Many of us find our older dogs slipping on smooth surfaces, such as wood or tile flooring. Not only is this stressful for your dog, but just like elderly humans, he can be badly injured by a fall on a hard surface. Area rugs and runners are the ideal solution, but can be expensive and impractical, especially if your dog is sometimes incontinent. Rubberized dog footwear and toe grips may be convenient for you, but unnatural and unpleasant for your dog. Paw waxes and sprays just end up all over your floors.
Norsk foam mats are a great solution. Easily configured, place them in the spaces where your dog most needs traction (in front of his bed, primary pathways, access to his water bowl, etc.) The mats are totally reversible and textured on both sides. Lightweight construction makes them easy to transport, shock absorbent, easy to assemble & store, and they clean with soap and water. They also provide a cushioned surface, in case your dog occasionally falls.
- Great, multi-functional flooring is comfortable and safe
- Texture on both sides of mat improves safety and provides good anti-slip and anti-fatigue properties
- Assortment of Bright colors
- Lightweight and easy to transport
- Minimizes stress to back and joints
- Waterproof to protect surfaces from damages
- Each pack contains (8) – 25″L x 25″W x .53″H tiles
- One pack covers 33.5 sq. ft
- Each foam tile includes two stamped trim pieces; 8-pack includes 16 pieces of trim. Trim pieces should be removed before assembly.
- No special tools are required! Simply piece together just as you would a big jigsaw puzzle.
- Patented reversible feature, allowing both sides of the mat to be used to either replace worn tiles or to change color surfaces for decorative purposes
- Child Safe rating (ASTM F 963-07)
- Non-toxic, Lead Free, Latex Free, Allergen Free, Phthalate Free and Odor Free
- Clean mats with a damp cloth using mild soap and water
- Recyclable – Made from recycled polyethylene, the same material from which a clear plastic sandwich bag is made
- Mats can be used indoors or outdoors, however they are not designed for permanent outdoor use. Avoid prolonged sun exposure to prevent color fading.
- For additional stability in partial-room installations over tile or hardwood floors, you may lay a non-slip rug pad under the tiles, such as those used with area rugs.