Hide, seek & treat with this dog enrichment game by Nina Ottosson! The Dog Smart works to fight boredom by keeping your dog busy and helps reduce destructive behaviors. Easy to use and clean, this dog game is sure to be a new favorite!
TREAT AND TRAIN: The Nina Ottosson Dog Smart is an entry-level dog puzzle that challenges your dog to uncover treats through problem solving, while helping develop new learning techniques.
SWITCH IT UP: Arrange the bones in this puzzle toy to be flush with the board or elevated for different challenge levels. When the bones on the Dog Smart are flush with the board, your dog learns to paw and nuzzle at the pieces differently than when the bones are elevated and more easily removable.
HOLDS FOOD: The Dog Smart is great for treating and feeding your dog, holding up to 1 cup of kibble.
HOW TO PLAY: Place treats or kibble in compartments of base. Cover treat compartments with bones. The more compartments that are covered, the harder the game will be. Let the games begin! Show your dog where the treats are and watch them find the tasty reward! Dogs are smarter than you think. Sometimes we just need to teach them! Leave some compartments uncovered for your dog to gain interest.
PLAY TOGETHER: Nina Ottosson Dog Puzzle Games focus on challenging your dog’s brain. Supervise when playing, and don’t let the dog chew on the toy. Teach your dog how to use the puzzle, play and have fun together. Put away until next time.
EXERCISE FOR MIND AND BODY: Dog games and dog puzzles by Nina Ottosson challenge your dog’s problem solving skills. They provide your dog enrichment, while enhancing your dog’s mental stimulation through fun and play.
- Level 1 (Easy)
- One Size (Large)
- Holds Dry & Wet Kibble/Treats
- Fights Boredom by Keeping Your Dog Busy
- Also makes a great food puzzle for cats
- Helps Reduce Destructive Behavior
- Fun For All Dogs, Regardless of Age, Size or Breed
- Strengthens the bond with your dog
- Fun activity indoors when you or your dog is sick or when the weather is bad.
- Easy to Clean
- Safe, non-toxic and recyclable plastic (Polyethylene and/or Polypropylene)
- Product Dimensions: 12.25″L x 11.25″W x 1.75″H
- Manufactured in China
EXCELLENT FOR INJURED AND OLD DOGS
Dog enrichment games benefit injured dogs, as well as senior dogs. Games provide mental stimulation to a mobility-challenged dog and help keep him alert. Keeping an injured dog still for several weeks is challenging. Games are a great activity that give a recuperating dog an outlet for his energy. They are also great for dogs that are underweight and don’t eat. Many dogs eat more when their food is put into games instead of the food bowl.
Tips & Tricks
- Tie a string through the holes in the blocks and around the pegs to make it easier for dogs and cats to lift the blocks/pegs away.
- Use plastic blocks for a Magic Trick: put three blocks on the floor, and put a treat underneath one of them while the dog is looking. Move the blocks around, and let the dog show you where the treat is; if he is correct, he gets the treat, if not – try again.
To wash your Dog Smart, simply remove all treats/kibble and hand wash with warm soapy water, rinse clean and dry. Fill again for more fun!
About Nina Ottosson Dog Toys
Nina Ottosson is, according to many dog psychologists and trainers around the world, one of the best in developing and designing educational activity toys and games for you and your dog. The products are carefully developed by Nina Ottosson together with dogs, using only the best materials for optimal function and safety for the dogs, as well as the environment.
“We use only the very best materials, – it´s very important for me because my dogs and your dogs will play with, eat from and lick on this material, so it must be clean and safe. Ranging from packaging to the smallest detail can be submitted for recycling or incineration.”
Nina Ottosson dogs toys are designed and developed at their company based in Sweden.