We chose glass dishes, manufactured to safety standards for humans, to ensure we offer a safe cat dish to you. Glass is non-porous, does not harbor bacteria or odors, and it does not leach chemicals, like plastic. Glass is one of the safest materials you can choose for serving food to your pets.
- Safe cat dish also works for small dogs
- Dimensions: 5.375″ ( x 13.5cm) X .625″ tall (If you prefer a cat dish with taller sides, please consider our Duralex 5.75″ Glass Food Dish for Cats or Small Dogs
- Extremely durable tempered glass – impact and chip resistant
- Non-porous, so it won’t stain or retain odors
- Microwave and dishwasher safe
- Extra low sides help cats avoid having to crush their sensitive whiskers against the sides of their dish while eating
- Duralex tempered glass is 2.5 times stronger than ordinary glass
- Safe – If broken by strong shock, Duralex shatters into small pieces, reducing the risk of injury
- Hygienic – Nonporous Duralex glass does not absorb liquid
- Stackable for convenient and space saving storage
- Constant quality control guarantees excellence, and built-in durability insures that Duralex products will maintain their look for many years.
- Made in France since 1945
- Learn more about Duralex tempered glass technology
Unlike plastic or stainless, you can safely reheat your pets’ food in these glass dishes in your microwave oven. Glass is also a safer choice over ceramic dishes, which, if improperly glazed or worn, can leach unacceptable amounts of lead and/or cadmium into food.
This product is made for humans and meets safety standards for humans. While it works perfectly as a glass cat dish, it is actually a “Club Plate” or luncheon plate and is part of the Lys Dinnerware Set, especially crafted for smaller servings. Formed from tempered glass, Duralex plates are equally suitable for both hot and cold foods, and are dishwasher and microwave safe. Made in France.
Usage & Care:
Manufacturer recommendations for all products:
- Do not use our products in the oven except for our OVENCHEF range which includes roasting dishes and ramekins.
- Do not use our products directly over a flame.
- Do not expose our products to a sudden change of temperature of more than 130°C/392°F.
- Do not use a damaged or chipped product (risk to the user).
- Avoid scratching the products’ surface.
- Wash before use.
- Soak the dish in soapy water for 20 minutes.
- Do not use metallic sponges, pads, powders or abrasives.
- To remove hard water stains, try vinegar. If this doesn’t work, we suggest trying a hard water product called LemiShine, which can be found at the local grocery store. Then try soaking your glassware in LemiShine and warm water.
About the manufacturer, Duralex:
Founded in 1945, Duralex has been manufacturing tempered glassware and tabletop products for over 80 years in La Chapelle-Saint-Mesmin in the very heart of France. Since 1945, when Duralex invented the glass tempering process, the name Duralex has been associated with toughened glassware, utilizing their proprietary process.