Perfect Solution to Hang Bag to Give Your Cat Subcutaneous Fluids!
It can be frustrating to find a good spot in your home to hang the fluids bag to give your cat subcutaneous fluids. Ideally, you want to find a location where your cat is most relaxed and comfortable. But this often leaves limited options for hanging the fluids bag to ensure the gravity flow works properly.
The Pitch-It IV Pole is perfect for gravity-feed infusion. These IV poles are portable, lightweight and collapsible, making them easy to use and transport. The pole is simply extended, and it’s ready to use.
The Pitch–It IV pole is ideal for home infusion, home healthcare, and hospice. It can also be used anywhere IV sedation or infusion is provided with infrequent use or limited space, such as dental or veterinary surgery.
How to Use (video) – Advance to 2:42 for demonstration of the Pitch-It IV Pole
How It Works:
- Remove the Pitch-It pole from box
- Determine if pole will be placed on a table top or floor.
- Pull legs outward from the center of the pole, and lock into place to secure the base.
- Raise pole section to desired height, and twist each silver pole section firmly clockwise to lock into place.
- Hang IV bag on the hook.
- Secure tubing to pole with Velcro at level of IV site.
- To loosen and collapse pole, first remove IV bag and tubing, then twist each pole section counter-clockwise.
- When no longer needed, you may place pole in regular recycling.
- Never use this pole with an infusion pump
- Never use for IV bags of more than 1200 ml (or 2.5 lbs.)
- Pole is most stable at lower height
- Patient should remain stationary during use
- Never pull on IV tubing, as this may cause pole to tip over
- Always use attached Velcro to secure IV tubing to pole
- Never lean on pole or use for support
- If using rate-controlled gravity set, follow the manufacturer’s instructions
- Manufacturer: Sharps Compliance, Inc.
- Country of Manufacture: Taiwan
- Made from Recycled Aluminum
- 100% Recyclable